Know how to identify differences between sinusitis and a cold. A sinus can be similar to a mild cold; however, it fluctuates in severity without cause for extended periods. If you feel that you constantly suffer from colds, you may actually be suffering from sinus issues. To be certain, consult with a physician about your symptoms.
As you now know, you don’t have to live life with sinusitis symptoms. In terms of sinus issues, you certainly have options that can greatly reduce symptoms. Use these suggestions and tips to enjoy your life without sinusitis symptoms.
1. If one member of your family is allergic to a specific food, consider banning that food for your entire household. Removing sinusitis-causing foods from your home eliminates the possibility that traces of these foods will get into a sinusitis sufferers meal during food preparation sessions.
2. Keep your windows closed when pollen counts are high. Outside air that gets into your house brings pollen, dust and other airborne allergens with it. Do not have your windows open too long, as your home can collect outside dust.
3. Vacuum regularly to avoid Allergic reactions to dust in the home. Pick up a vacuum which contains a HEPA filter. Such filters are proven to pick up and retain common allergens like dust, mold and pollen.
Vitamin C for Clearing Sinus Infections.
5. Consume more vitamin C in your diet to help your immune system combat sinusitis. You can either get vitamin C from fruits like strawberries or in supplement form at the store.
Sinus Clearing TIP! Limit the amount of throw rugs you have about the home. These surfaces are often filled with pollen, dust and pet dander.
6. To fight against sinusitis of any nature, you can begin to take more probiotics. Strengthening your system is a great tool to use to defend against sinus problems. Drink plenty of kefir and buttermilk, and eat natural yogurt. It is thought by many that probiotics can work to raise the body’s defenses against many allergens, helping you avoid unpleasant symptoms. You can also take probiotics in over the counter capsule forms.
7. A humidifier is a wise choice for your home. This will keep allergens from circulating your home. The humidifier’s water droplets work to attract airborne allergens and keep them contained. Because the allergens are no longer drifting through the air, you will be less likely to inhale them.
8. Keep allergens out of your home by having air leaks professionally sealed. Pollen and pests are the most common causes when it comes to sinus problems and these could easily enter your house through unsealed cracks. Hire a professional who can eliminate the cracks effectively.