Typical symptoms that accompany a cold include coughing, itchy throat, sneezing and weeping eyes. The difference is that people who have sinus problems must manage the symptoms in a continuous manner. This is especially true when the seasons change. You can pick up some great advice for dealing with sinus issues by checking out the article below.
1. If you would like to fight bronchial sinus problems, try staying hydrated! Unless you take in adequate fluids, you may experience dryness and inflammation of your mucosal membranes. Without sufficient hydration, it can be hard for mucus glands to create secretions for the bronchial tubes.
Sinus Clearing TIP! Vacuum regularly to avoid allergic reactions to dust in the home. Use a vacuum that includes a HEPA filter.
3. If you would like to own a pet, even though you suffer from sinusitis, choose one that has short hair. While practically any animal can cause an allergic reaction, animals that shed long hair are more likely to do so. To further minimize pet sinus issues, don’t let them sleep in the same bed as you.
4. One of the symptoms of sinus issues is called post-nasal drip; if you suffer from sore throats from this, you can use a salt water gargle for instant relief. All you have to do is mix some warm water with table salt. Swish this mixture in your mouth, and make sure that your head is leaning back. Doing this will relieve your pain almost instantly.
Sinus Clearing TIP! Sometimes it can be impossible for you to avoid allergy triggers. You should be prepared to deal with your recurrent allergy symptoms themselves.
5. Do not forget to pack sinusitis medication when you travel. You may come in contact with unfamiliar plants, pollen and other sinusitis triggering items at any time. If you have ever had a severe allergic reaction, you may need to bring an Epi-pen along, as well. Epi-pens contain a potent dose of epinephrine which can stop an sinus attack.
6. If you and your spouse or partner has sinusitis, there is as much as a 70% chance your children will also! Remember this and get your kids sinusitis-tested early. Learning of any sinus issues early on will allow you to keep your child away from triggers.
7. If you are on medication for your sinus issues, be sure to take it as directed. Many medications require you to take them for several days at a constant dosage in order to see results. You will not be able to simply take one dose at the first sign of a sneeze. Check with doctors for information about the correct way to use medication.
Sinus Clearing TIP! Allergy sufferers must not smoke. Breathing is harder with allergens, since your nose and sinus passages are clogged due to them.
8. Try using synthetic pillows over natural or feather pillows. Dust mites will go to these pillows last over ones made of natural materials. Even though you must still wash them frequently to rid them of allergens and dust, they will still be much more comfortable for sleeping.
9. If you have not had success with your first few attempts to relieve your sinus problems, don’t give up. If oral sinusitis medications are not effective, you still have a number of other options. Some incarnations of sinus medications include prescriptions drugs such as leukotriene blockers and steroids. Over the counter choices include tablets, eye drops and nasal sprays.
10. Avoiding certain foods are an option for those that suffer from sinusitis. Yet it can be hard to deal with pollen and pet dander because these things are hard to stay away from. Keep the above tips in mind, and see if they can help ease your symptoms and get back to a normal life.